Joe's Blogs: a travelling diary

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

bye bye brisbane - 'allo 'allo auckland!

'allo 'allo! what a bad tv series.

First of all, I have to say a big thanks to the Collins family for putting me up, and putting up with me, for so long. All together I spent about four weeks in Brisbane and I was with them for all of it - so thanks Geoff and Felicity! I'll get some pictures up of the Samford place soon.

I arrived in drizzly Auckland in the early evening, the weather too off-putting to have a decent explore just yet, so I'll make a day of it tomorrow. Oh, and job-searching is the order of the next coming days; I've applied to about a dozen places and heard back from two to hopefully schedule interviews and find out what the crack is with the $$$$. They'll pay me more than their normal staff, I have skills.

I'm staying at the Auckland Central Backpackers (www.acb.co.nz) - it's in the middle of the City and amazingly shares a building with Westpac. It doesn't get much better, what a cool name for a bank. So I'll be waltzing in the door, cantering to the counter and opening a bank account tomorrow.

Thanks also for the first comments on the blog go to Laura & Paul - glad you saw the funny side of the baby joke! And the rest of you, comments please!

Here's another joke: How do you get Pikachu on the bus? .......................... Poke-'im-on. Genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home